Hi! I am a Research Scientist at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in New York, broadly interested in machine learning that mimics capabilities of human intelligence. I tackle problems at this frontier from the perspective of how one can get machines to appropriately learn concepts, and how to combine concepts to enable conceptual leaps, mimicking and hopefully surpassing the capabilities of humans. I enjoy working on both practical aspects (of tools, benchmarks, tasks) to enable progress on these questions and dabble a bit on the theoretical front as well.
Previously, I graduated with my PhD in Computer Science from the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech. My PhD advisor was Devi Parikh. My thesis was on “Interpretation, Grounding and Imagination for Machine Intelligence”.
For more details on my research see my Google Scholar page or checkout my publications. During my PhD, my research was supported by a Google PhD fellowship in Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision.
- [September, 2020] Paper on decodable information for optimal supervised representation learning accepted to NeurIPS, 2020 as a Spotlight!
- [April, 2020] Paper on finding decision states without external reward supervision in RL accepted to IJCAI, 2020!
- [April, 2019] Paper on learning proabilistic neural symbolic models accepted to ICML, 2019!
- [Feb, 2019] I started at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) as a Research Scientist!
- [April, 2018] I received the 2018 Google PhD Fellowship in Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision!
- [March, 2018] I will be interning at MSR Cambridge this summer, working on generative models of vision, language and action!
- [Feb, 2018] Paper on learning grounded generative (image) models accepted to ICLR, 2018!
- [August, 2017] I will be moving to Georgia Tech this Fall, following my advisor's move!
- [June, 2017] Recognized as one of the outstanding reviewers at CVPR, 2017
- [June, 2017] Paper on learning word embeddings grounded in sounds accepted as a short paper at EMNLP, 2017!
- [May, 2017] I interned at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in Summer, 2017, working with Devi Parikh, Dhruv Batra and Marcus Rohrbach!
- [March, 2017] Two papers accepted to CVPR 2017 as Spotlight presentations!
- [Jan, 2017] I interned at Google Research in Winter 2017, working with Kevin Murphy on generative models for images!
- [May, 2016] I interned at Google Research in Summer 2016, with Gal Chechik and Samy Bengio!
- MSCOCO Caption Evaluation code
- Codes from MSCOCO Caption Evaluation for metrics (BLEU, ROUGE, CIDEr-D and METEOR), independent of the COCO annotations
- Code for our CVPR'16 paper on Learning Visually Grounded Word Embeddings
- Code for our ICLR'18 paper on Generative Models of Visually Grounded Imagination
If you like this layout/page, see this to build your own using github+jekyll